Saturday, November 10, 2007

dining room: after

a summary of my dining room!

before:


after:




with all the books on the shelving unit, the shelf is nice and clear. the major work in this room was the plaster work on the wall. it was the most time consuming and messy part of the room. the chocolate brown paint went on really smooth and didn't require too many coats. my favorite thing in this room is the buffet. it holds my microwave!! it also holds my serving platters, extra dishes, and other utensils that don't fit on the kitchen wall. (i do not have any drawers in my kitchen).

before:


after:




the picture wall!! this is so much harder than it appears. i am pretty happy with how it turned out. (i recently discovered how to nail into plaster. duh!) i used a drafting dot, but any tape will work fine. then hammer as usual. the last time i had to nail something into plaster it just crumbled. i didn't have any troubles at all. i also put my beetle collection back on display!!

before:


after:


this corner makes me happy. you can see a bit of the buffet... (i need to add more pics.) i got rid of the mini blinds and hung new shades. oh, i finally added a battery to that clock... it only took me a year.

before:


after:


this is still my temporary desk but it works well for now. i also hung some more pictures, frame less photos of my daughter.

3 comments:

Kath said...

BEE-YOOTIFUL!!!

Well done...your space is lovely!

zooza said...

Oh wow. I'd never seen the 'before' photo of your dining room - that makes the transformation even more impressive. Bravo!

Mella DP said...

Love all that stone!